Christmas 2014

Christmas 2014

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

9.5 weeks in, some more to go

It has been 9.5 weeks since Matt left for Texas.  It feels like both an eternity and like it was yesterday.  Some days are definitely better than others, but as a whole they are pretty good.

Victoria has started swim lessons.  She can swim, but she needs to get stronger in the water.  And she loves to swim, so this is good for her.  On most days she likes school, and I haven't had any reports lately to believe otherwise.  She has good friends at school, and the work that she is bringing home looks great.  Her teacher is definitely a positive reinforcer, which I like.  I also hope that she pushes V out of her comfort zone too.
Victoria started a social group for her ABA a couple of weeks ago.  She likes it, and I honestly don't know why, other than she does like to be around other people.  There are 3 boys that are in it too, and they are all at least 2 years younger than her.  But they have different lesson plans for the kids each week, and I know it will be good for her.  She starts her ABA at our house tomorrow.  I'm super excited.  I know she is going to do great and I'm excited to have a reason to keep my house clean each week.
She is very excited for Christmas.  She has asked for very little.  I had her fill out a Christmas wish list of 4 wishes: something she wants, needs, will read, and will wear.  She wants a US Acres (Orson Farm from Garfield and Friends) book, she needs new shoes.  (She doesn't, but she said if she grows out of hers, she will need new shoes. I didn't have an argument for that, since it is true.)  She will read a Warrior book series book, and will wear an iCarly shirt.

Micah is great.  He really misses his Daddy, and loves to talk to Daddy on the phone and tell him about his day.  His newest obsession is traffic signs and lights.   He knows what red, green and yellow mean. He loves speed limit signs and stop signs.  He has just started to learn the meaning of red and green arrows.  Super weird, but at least he's learning.
He likes motorcycle cops, because they catch bad guys.  :)  He cracks me up.  He loves the big jets that fly from the base.
He LOVEs to play in sand.  He learns wonderful things from different TV shows.  On our walk tonight to look at Christmas lights, there was a blown up igloo and he knew what it was.  I asked him how he knew what it was called and he told me Little Einsteins. (sp?)
 He loves musical instruments, and I think he can name about 10, and can name 3 or 4 just by listening to them.
Micah asked Santa for 4 dinosaurs and a blue present.  (no idea what that means.)  We have a book called The Dinosaurs Night Before Christmas and it's his new favorite.  It came with a CD and he will listen to the book 10-12 times a day.

We honestly have no idea when Matt will be coming home for good.  Because that would give me something to look forward too.  But I am feeling very blessed to have visitors lined up after the new year, so hopefully time will fly.

No comments: