Christmas 2014

Christmas 2014

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Initial ABA appt 10/30/12

Took V to her initial ABA appt. I like them immediately because I went with one therapist and V went with another.  I do not like to talk about Vs issues in front of her.  She is fully aware of her weaknesses and is embarrassed to talking about them. Will I talk about them in front of her if need be, yes, but most of the time it's not necessary.  I have asked people in the past if we can talk separately and they look at me like I'm nuts. So I very much appreciated the fact that they had some to hang out with her, and she didn't just sit in the waiting room. I like talking about V to people that understand her problems, have solutions, and I can tell they aren't judging her or me.  And they aren't emotional.  :-) I have very high hopes with this treatment and therapy for V.  Also, they have a social group that meets at the center every Monday. Super exciting! I asked her if she wants to go, she said, "for sure!" So we are going to try it, and I think it's going to be worth the 30 minute drive once a week.  So there ya go! And here we gooooo!!!!!!

No comments: