Christmas 2014

Christmas 2014

Sunday, October 7, 2012

10/7/12 ~ 5 months and counting

It is only 10:30 am, and it feels like I've had a 18 hour day.  Before church this morning, the kids and I said goodbye to Matt for at least 5 months.  I know, I know, he's only going to Texas.  But he's not here and that's what matters to me.  I'm excited that we will be able to Skype every night, and I can call him if I need him. I also like the fact that we had less than a week to say goodbye, usually we have to drag it out for a couple of months.  I like this better, because I doesn't seem real and will take awhile to sink in.  And by then I'll be too busy to be upset.  :)

We had a couple of churches to choose from when we moved here.  There was one 10 minutes away and one 25 minutes away.  The one that is 25 minutes away is where Micah is going to go to school in a couple of years.  We visited both churches and lets just say the one closest to our house had an average age was just a little bit high.  So we became members of the one a bit further away, and I could not be happier.  Turns out there is a special needs Sunday School class for Victoria.  Victoria went for the first time today.  One of the teachers is the Kindergarten teachers at the school and has her Masters in Special Education.  She said V did great and she said it was a pleasure teaching Victoria because she has so much passion for learning about Jesus and the bible.  (As if my day wasn't emotional enough, it was beautiful to hear.)  I took Micah to Sunday School also.  There were 11 kids in his room and they had a story, craft, coloring page, singing and a prayer.  I stayed with Micah to get him used to it.  But it was so fast paced I think in a couple of weeks, he'll be able to go by himself.  It was a wonderful day at church today.  I love having the confirmation that this IS the church that we need to be at.

Victoria is doing well in school.  She has had a couple nights of math homework which totally overwhelms her.  I have learned that she is good at Math and has a lot of good problem solving strategies for solving problems, but I think that she gets overwhelmed with the amount of problems.  So I think this is something that I will talk with her teacher about.  It seems that she has a lot of one on one instruction at school, which is a good thing.  I do not think she is enjoying being mainstreamed for science, PE and lunch, but I am not at all about to pull her out of it.  I think it's good for her to learn that sometimes teachers can't focus 100% of their attention on her.  Plus, it's only been a month, so I'm hoping that she learns to enjoy her time there.

On Friday, she had a Special Olympics event at a park.  I was unaware of the fact that it was a Special Olympics event, since her permission slip said that her class was going to the park to play bocce ball.  I am going to let the teacher know that I would like to know about these events so that I can meet them there.

I'm excited to see what I can accomplish in the next couple of months.  There is some organizing around the house that I want to do, swim lessons for V, lots of play groups for Micah, and some serious gym time for myself.

No comments: