Christmas 2014

Christmas 2014

Saturday, October 27, 2012

October 27, 2012

Matt has been gone for almost 3 weeks, only 23 to go.  Really, who knows how long.  No one that's who.  One of the crazy things about the Air Force.  You'd think after 65 years, they would know how long they need airman other places, even if those places are only 2 states away.  Okay, rants done, thanks for listening.

Things have been going since Matt left.  Same schedule and routine.  But he is sorely missed.  He used to bathe M every night.  I think that the 30 minutes before bed is when he is missed most by Micah.... and myself.  I love that Micah is so verbal and that he can tell me his wants, needs, feelings and hurts.  But, I'm pretty sure that a fairy dies every time he says, "I miss daddy."

Micah is obsessed with Angry Birds and Bad Piggies.  We are going to be taking a couple of days break for the iPad.  He performed a wonderful fit while on Skype with Meme and Pots this morning, and I was the idiot Mom who just smiled and laughed.  No more being an idiot for me.  (don't quote me on that.)  So I think iPad is going to be sick for awhile.  Luckily, he has a hands on Angry Birds toy that we can play and a new Angry Birds Space coloring book, that is his night time book of choice.

One of my favorite things to do is watch him watch and interact with older kids.  He was doing that at the park today, and I love it.  It makes him brave to try new things at the play ground.  (He is like his Momma, not a dare devil at all.)  I feel like we are always on the go lately, but I know he gets a lot out of play dates.  Poor kid can't spend all his time with me.  He is finally gotten over his fear of the child care at the gym.  He waves and says bye and plays for an hour while I work out.  It is wonderful.

Victoria is doing amazing in school.  I'm so excited to see the progress she will make by the end of the year.  So on her IEP (individualized education program?) it says that she will go from a 1.8 to a 2.8 in math.  (1st number is grade, second number is the month, so 1st grade 8th month)  At her parent teacher conference, her teacher told me she is doing beginning 3rd grade work, which is a review of 2nd grade work.  This is so exciting!  She started reading a chapter book series "Warriors" a couple of months ago, and I feel like these books are quickly progressing her reading abilities.  She LOVES them.  Needless to say I'm very excited.

On Tuesday, we have our initial meeting for her ABA (applied behavior analysis).  This is what she was doing the last 2 months in Washington that was AMAZING!!  My prayer is that she has a therapist that is capable and Victoria likes.

Thats all for now, my computer is dying.



No comments: