Christmas 2014

Christmas 2014

Friday, October 12, 2012

Is it Monday yet....?

Confession: I have always judged parents who do not like being around their children.  So let me begin this post by saying, I love being around Victoria and Micah.  They both crack me up.  Matt and I call them the Tweedles.  Tweedle dee and Tweedle dum.  In Alice in Wonderland, these two characters were silly, they broke up the monotony, and they kept you on your toes.

Now that I've said that, this week has been one of the longest in a long time.  Matt left Sunday and Victoria has been on Fall break all week.  We did crafts, went out to lunch, hit the book store and the library and experienced a VERY southern pumpkin patch.  Micah spent a day on the couch with a fever.  And all I heard all day, "Momma, want to snuggle with me?" Um, of course I do.

 I'm exhausted.  I enjoy it when Victoria is in school.  I don't have to worry about her for 8 hours a day, because with her, you honestly never know what mood she is going to be in or what is going to set her off.  Yesterday, she was a little off.  I figured out why at 9 pm, she didn't take her medicine in the morning.  Considering she didn't take her medicine, she did really well.  But it could have been a much better day, had she taken her medicine.  Today, we went to the library.  It seems that every time we go they don't have or can't find a book that she finds through a search on the computer.  She spends 50% of the time we are there looking at the library catalog online.  Last time she got upset, and I can't remember all of the details, but it wasn't pretty.  Today, they couldn't find one of their books that said "Checked in."  She was a mess.  We talked about it on the way home.  We talked about being flexible. And I told her that she's not being punished, but I'm not taking her back to the library until we can make sure that she can handle going.  (This is going to be something we discuss with her therapist, whenever they call back....)  We then talked about how to focus on the good things.  (Very Pollyanna of me, I know)  Long story short, I need her back in her ABA soon.  They are working on scheduling her, or that's what I've been told.

For those of you lucky few who have met Victoria, you probably know that she loves to tell funny quotes from cartoons.  And you usually know one is coming, because she will start giggling out of the blue.  Then she says, "Know what's funny."  Today on the way to the library she started giggling, and I was about to tell her to hold on, because I was pulling into the base's gate, but Micah said, "What's funny, Sister?" Victoria started to tell him, and then said, never mind.  And said, "Katie, know what's funny?"  I said, "No, but your brother wants to know." And I'm pretty sure I told her it wasn't very nice that she didn't finish telling him, when he wanted to know.  So she told Micah the quote.  And the last part of the quote was (crap, I can't remember, so I'll use xxxxx.)  So the last part of the quote was xxxxx.  Then she said, "Isn't that funny Micah?" Micah repeated, xxxx.  And she said, "Yeah, isn't that funny?"  then we heard crickets.  (I promise this story is very funny and sweet in my head.)

Oh Micah Bear.  My goal this week was for him to learn about the letter A.  We did a little bit here and there.   But like most of my plans, it didn't work out, but other things did. (I guess I better do a little planning next time.) He knows his left from his right after this week, and he knows that a Stop sign is an octagon and it's where cars stop.  So I'm going to consider this week a success.

No comments: