Christmas 2014

Christmas 2014

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

First Day of School

Today was Victoria's first day of school here in Lakewood. As I was taking her to the school, I kept asking her if she was nervous, she kept saying, "no, I'm fine." I figured out I was nervous, and made myself stop asking her before she became nervous. I took her to her classroom, which is a self-contained Special Education room. Which means that she is a classroom with other special ed students all day. The room is partitioned off into 3 sections, so the teacher and aides can work with different levels at the same time. The teacher said that the grade doesn't matter for the groups, it's the ability level. I felt much better after talking to her teacher for awhile.

Before, I picked her up later I was able to talk to her teacher and he said she had a great day. He also said that she is very polite. She also said that she had a good day. She even has gym at the end of the day and didn't complain about it! Needless to say, I feel much better about her going to school tomorrow. But I'm sure I'll find something to worry about soon. :)

No comments: