Christmas 2014

Christmas 2014

Friday, January 13, 2012

First Week of School

So, Victoria's first week of school went great. She LOVES her glasses, and tries to wear them to bed. I love that they have boosted her self-esteem, who knew! She came home with a girl's soccer packet for school. I asked her if that was something she was interested in, because she is not a fan of exercise, and she said she was interested. We talked about it a little more, I told her that soccer is mostly about running, and she still wanted to do it. So I talked to her teacher, who is also the head of the schools athletics, and he said she could do it and it would probably be good for her. As long as she knows, they practice in the rain and cold. Hopefully it lasts, because I would love to see her in a team sport.

Thursday morning, I dropped her off at school and as she was getting out of the car she said, "Bye Micah." Considering she VERY rarely acknowledges him, it brought a smile to my face and tears to my eyes. It was very sweet. Then Micah started crying, because he hates when it's time to say goodbye to anyone. :)

Both of Victoria's maternal grandparents live within an hour and a half of us. So, Grandma called last night to see if she could have her for the weekend, which sounded great for Grandma and Victoria. However, when I asked Victoria if she wanted to go see Grandma, she said yes, but started making her anxious body movements. So we talked about it, and she said she didn't want to upset Grandma, but she would rather stay home. Well, we tried it anyways. :-O. The whole way to drop her off, she said she would rather go home with me. I said, I know but you need to spend time with Grandma. Long story short, we got a call 2 hours later with a very upset Victoria. One of Victoria's obsessions is youtube, she can't fall asleep without it, and it is the first thing she wants to do whenever she gets home from anywhere. Well, Grandma doesn't have internet. Which set her off and Grandma could not calm her down, until she said she would bring her home. This is definitely one of our goals now. Her Grandma would like to have her for a couple of weeks this summer. So, we will see what happens. We are going to start with day visits and with Grandma coming to visit her up here. Needless to say, Victoria is in her room now, happy and on the internet. :-/. However, she looks exhausted and worn down from her melt down.

The good news for the night, is Matt doesn't have to work in the morning, so he is staying up to put Victoria to bed. So, here's to me getting in bed and not getting out until 6 am, HA!

PS Victoria woke me up last night at 3 am to tell me she was mad that she overslept. Um, Victoria you didn't over sleep, you went to sleep when I put you to bed, and that threw you off.



No comments: