Christmas 2014

Christmas 2014

Sunday, January 15, 2012

Micah Bear 20 months

I feel like I have been neglecting Micah on the blog lately. (It's because he hasn't had a post since last March!) He is an amazing little boy. I think he is adjusting well to having Victoria coming to live with us. However, he has been a little bit more whinny and needing just a little more attention. Which is making me just a little bit more crazy than usual, so I try to remind myself what he is dealing with. Sometimes that helps my patience, sometimes it doesn't. Micah LOVES automobiles of any kind, especially "Big Ducks!(trucks)" He will point out all the big trucks when we are in the car. He loves buses, city and school, he's not particular. He has a whole bin of trucks, trains, planes, and bikes.

Micah has a very large vocabulary, but it could be just me thinking my child is a genious. :) He also does a really good job of repeating words we say. Which is mostly a good thing. Matt had a great time reading a book with him the other day, pointing out frogs and foxes. Let's just say I was cooking and thought I needed to wash Micah's mouth out with soap.

He LOVES LOVES LOVES to dance. It's like his body has a mind of it's own. When he is in the kitchen and he hears a song he likes from the living room, he can't ever figure out if he should go closer to the music, or stay in the kitchen and dance. It's very funny to see.

Micah has started to take care of his stuffed animals. He will feed them and put his pacifiers in their mouths. When we were at a friends house and a baby cried, he went to check on her. He will be a great big brother, someday. Cookie Monster is his favorite stuffed animal and character. He likes to say, "Night Night Cookie." We both agree that Cookie Monster doesn't have enough camera time on Sesame Street.

Before Micah was one, I was told by a couple of moms that his appetite would decrease when he turned one and started moving around. Holy cow, that boy can eat. He really amazes me sometimes. He eats more before 9 am, then some people eat all day. He loves his vegetables and will pick fruit over anything else. So I really can't complain.

Last but definitely not least, Micah loves books. Which makes his momma so happy. He doesn't really have a favorite book, but he does have his nap/bedtime books and other anytime books. He loves books about automobiles, obviously. But also likes to read books about animals.

I know there is more that I want to share about him, but I believe this post is long enough. All I can say is he is the sunshine in my day and can always make me laugh. Thanks for being you Micah Bear!! Momma loves you!

1 comment:

Downtown Betty said...

the whinny period is normal. I definitely remember that developmental stage with the kids! It'll last a while, so be fore warned.