Christmas 2014

Christmas 2014

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Sunday, January 9

So, it is almost midnight. I have already been to bed for 1.5 hours tonight, but I woke up to put Victoria to bed, so Matt could get some sleep. Confusing, huh? Victoria needs her strict bedtime routine, so Matt stayed up to give her medicine at 10:30 and cocoa at 11:30, now he's in bed, and I will tuck her in a midnight. Only for her to get out of bed at least another 5 times. She has extreme anxiety about going to bed, and this is the number one reason why she came to live with us, so we can take her to the doctor. (Sorry if this doesn't make sense, it's just giving me something to do, so I don't fall asleep on the couch.)

So Matt and I entered the world of 2:2 at church today. People always comment to us, "Micah was so well behaved at church." My reply is always, "He better be, it's 2 to 1." It's a bit challenging with 2 in church, especially since today was Victoria's 2nd time Ever to go to church. However, I'm sure that both children were very well behaved, I on the other had was a stressed nutbar. Don't ask me why? I know it will get better.

After church, I took Victoria to pick out glasses. We had a long talk on the way there to hopefully prepare her for what would happen. I told her, she was just going to pick them out, and that we would pick them up in a week when they were ready. Well, all our worrying was for nothing. She LOVES wearing glasses! (we will see what happens when we actually bring them home.) But she picked out a cute pink pair and she loves them. She says she looks beautiful in them. I thought I was going to cry right there in the store. To hopefully keep the excitement, we did bring home a Disney Princess glasses holder, which she also loves. Stay tuned on more glasses development.

Once again, thank you God for the most beautiful January day. We took both kids to the park, where hopefully they released enough energy to sleep well tonight. Here's hoping!

Today was a great reminder that I am not in charge of this crazy roller coaster life, God is. And as much as I like to be in charge and in control, I will let God take the wheel on this one. Okay, just tucked our girl in. I forgot the other thing that she likes to wake us up and ask us if we are going to wake her up in the morning. She likes to be be woken up at 8. So in the 3 minutes it took to tuck her in, I probably said 5 times what time I'm going to wake her then asked what time I'm going to wake her. So maybe she won't wake me up in an hour to remind me?????

3 comments:

Jenn said...

Micah is such a great boy in church & always because you are SO patient and laid back with. I know Victoria will be the same, just given time :-) And you are right, it is God's plan :)

Joe, Ash, G, J, and A said...

This is why I love you.

inubnu said...

Katie-it's awesome that you all are doing this. Make sure you take care of yourselves as well-I highly recommend support groups as I've had friends go through similar situations and they could not say enough about their support groups. Glad you are sharing your journey.